Lease End Information
When your lease is at the end of its term, there are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare for what’s next. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) makes the process easy for you.
We’ll be in touch with you as the end of your lease approaches. NMAC sends out letters prior to the end of your lease. The letters outline your options (see below) and include a wear-and-use guidebook.
Of course we would like for you to lease or buy a new Nissan, however, you have three (3) options once you fulfill your lease obligations.
Get a New Nissan
Turn in your current vehicle and lease or buy a new Nissan.
Keep Your Nissan
Keep the Nissan you are currently driving and avoid potential charges. If you purchase your vehicle, you can avoid excess mileage, wear, and use charges. You will not be responsible for any costs other than the predetermined purchase option price and the incidental charges stated in your Nissan lease contract or required by law. These may include sales tax, vehicle registration, a purchase option fee, etc. Certain state and local laws may require you to pay a smog or safety inspection fee, etc.
Return Your Nissan
If you decide to return your Nissan, we’ll make the process as easy as possible.
- Before your vehicle’s return date, contact the Nissan Lease Customer Network at (800) 778-4211 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Central Time, to schedule a complimentary vehicle inspection.This inspection takes approximately 30 minutes, and can be done at your Nissan Dealer, your home, or your place of business. It will be performed using a laptop computer, and the results will be printed immediately after the inspection. The inspector will review the report with you and address your questions. You will be given a copy of the condition report. A second copy will be left in your vehicle, and should remain in the vehicle until the time of return.Should your vehicle’s condition change prior to its return due to repairs or additional damage, another inspection will be necessary. To schedule your re-inspection, please call the Nissan Lease Customer Network.
- Prior to your lease maturity date, call your Nissan Dealer for an appointment to return your vehicle.
- Complete a Federal Odometer/Lease Termination Statement at your Nissan dealership.
- Sign and date the Vehicle Condition Report, which will be completed by the Dealer. This report compares the current condition of your vehicle to that of the original inspection report to ensure that nothing has changed.
- Call us to report the return of the vehicle.
To learn more about the vehicle inspection process (including conducting your own inspection) and to see examples of Normal and Excess Wear and Use, please view the Wear and Use Guide.